How to get there
Schloss Wetzlas is in the beautiful Waldviertel countryside about 1h30 North West of Vienna. There is no direct access to the castle by public transport but we dream of setting up a self-organised shuttle service that will pick people up at the nearest train station.
- By car: as mentioned, a comfortable 1h15 drive from Vienna (1h30 from the airport) through the Austrian countryside. There will be plenty of free parking on-site.
- By public transport: see below.
- By rideshare: see Ridesharing
Wetzlas 1, 3594 Wetzlas, Niederösterreich, Austria
On Wednesday, Thursday and Friday there is a bus connection from Wien Praterstern (Regionalbus 175), depature 16:20 with a change in Horn Hauptplatz that arrives in Franzen at 17:59. Ticket price is around 20€. From there it's a 2.6km walk. If you ask in advance (in slack) we might pick you up there.
On Sunday we plan a bus shuttle to the trainstation in Sigmundsherberg. Depature from the castle is 12:00, and you will arrive in Wien Franz-Josefs-Bahnhof at 14:30. When you team up, ask for the “Einfach-Raus-Ticket” which is 46€ for 5 persons!
— Following information might be outdated:
- Via Horn:
- Buses leave Wien Nord (easily reachable by Metro, or S-Bahn from the airport) every 50 minutes and go to Horn in about 1h10.
- Trains go from Vienna to Sigmundsherberg, then on to Horn (via Rosenburg).
- From Horn Mittelschule local bus 7601 goes to Wetzlas once a day.
- Horn is 25 km from the Schloss. Improvise the last miles, see below.
- Via Krems:
- Trains go Wien → Krems
- Local bus 1412 goes from Krems to Krumau/Kamp
- Krumau/Kamp to Wetzlas is 7km. Improvise the last mile, see below.
You need to improvise the last mile from Horn or Krumau to Wetzlas:
- Some of us dream to organize a shuttle bus
- You can negotiate a price with a local taxi company. Please start searching for Taxi companies around Horn/Zwettl/Krumau, call them for availabilities and rates, and share your knowledge here. We need websites, phone numbers, and rates!