Table of Contents
Registration & Membership
Schönburn is a participatory event. This means that every participant can contribute to the event and should become part of the community already before we meet each other at the castle. Therefore there are no classic *tickets* to be bought, but every person needs to purchase a membership and register personally.
Why do I have to fill a questionnaire when getting a membership ?
This is going to be a special event! First of all it is a burn, which has its own culture and principles. Secondly, it relies strongly on participants' involvement, as everybody is seen as a co-creator, and we (the core orga team) will only take care of the most basic organisation and leadership. This is why we will ask a bunch of (silly yet serious) questions to make sure you understand what you are getting yourself into.
Where do you get your membership?
The public membership sale is open at:
We would like to ensure that everyone has the possibility to join our event and come to Schloss Schönburn this September. That’s why we are happy to also offer a limited amount of low-income memberships this year.
Before applying, we kindly ask that you consider that some people might be in greater need for a low-income membership, and since the amount of these is limited not everyone will be able to get one.
To obtain a low-income membership, you have to select it on the ticketing system and go through the regular purchasing procedure. Once your application has been processed, you will be notified whether it has met the requirements. If your application is approved, you will receive a confirmation of your order.
Cancellation and refunding
Memberships are in general not refundable. However, if we have people on the waiting list, you can return your membership until Wed 1.9. (subject to us finding a new taker for it). If an unexpected emergency happens that prevents you from attending at short notice (COVID, travel restrictions, other personal reasons), we will consider a refund in exceptional cases.
What to do next?
Now the important part begins: co-creation!
- Read through this Wiki. Start interacting with it. See something important missing? Add it!
- Join our main communication channel - slack (http://schlossschoenburn.slack.com) - which is used for almost all organisation so far, and ask questions or propose ideas or improvements. With your registration email you get a link to join the channel.
- Volunteer for communal tasks such as gate shifts, greeting, sanctuary, LNT, … . How to do that? Organise yourselves into groups, start a dedicated Wiki page, or create a slack channel.
- If you selected the bunk bed option for your membership, check out the accommodation wiki page on how to select your favorite room. With your special Schönburner friends maybe…? Or setting up a themed room?
- Go crazy with your wildest dreams and present your projects to your fellow Schönburners, who will help you make them come true.
- Join one of our Co-Creation meetings (in Vienna) to brainstorm and plan together! You will find announcements and the individual events on burners.at.
But most importantly:
Have fun and be creative - together <3